Multi-Year Grant Guidelines
Although most grants are made for one-year time periods, the Grants Committee will consider multi-year requests; the number of Organizations awarded a multi-year grant, and the amount awarded is at the sole discretion of the Grants Committee.
Organizations applying for multi-year funding must comply with the following criteria:
- Have taken one year in past five off from applying for a Telluride Foundation grant, since the 2015 cycle.
- A five-year history of receiving grant support from the Telluride Foundation
- Successful completion of grant reporting and grant objectives
- Currently operating within budget, financially strong and has stable management
- Funding request should be similar to past grant awards
- The request may be for either program or general operating funding
Year 2 and 3 funding is conditional upon completing yearly progress/outcome and financial reporting prior to the deadline.
- The Grants Committee will determine whether to award multi-year funding based on the above factors, as well as the following:
- Whether the multi-year funding is timely due to a major project or milestone on which the organization needs to focus
- Whether a commitment of three years of funding will allow the organization to increase services, focus on additional programs
- The type of programming provided by the applicant and the population served; priority will be given to nonprofits providing safety net services and serving low-income populations.
To apply for multi-year funding contact April Montgomery at email@example.com. If it is determined that your organization qualifies to apply for multi-year funding, you can then complete the Multi-Year Application Form and upload the form with your grant application.