TELLURIDE, Colo. (January 9, 2018) – You might wonder what bicycle pedals, lingerie, and organic toothpaste have in common? These products, as well as three others, will be the focus of companies receiving business assistance and mentorship this year through the Telluride Venture Accelerator (TVA). TVA, an initiative of the Telluride Foundation, has accepted six new high growth start-up businesses for its 2018 class. Entrepreneurship that leads to the formation of start-up businesses is the single biggest driver in US job creation. TVA’s goal is to diversify the Telluride regional economy by supporting entrepreneurship and the formation of new high growth businesses.
TVA is a 17-week, mentor driven program that helps founders build startup business ventures. Since its inception in 2013, TVA has graduated 26 start-up companies. The program kicks off on March 12th and will culminate in Telluride on July 2nd with TVA’s signature Demo Day event held at the Palm Theater.
In 2018 TVA is adapting its training approach to a hybrid on-site/remote program to attract a more diverse applicant pool. Historically, female-led businesses only make up 30 percent of companies around the world. This year TVA will have three of the six teams led by female CEOs and five out of six with female co-founders. Please join TVA in welcoming the six companies to this years’ cohort!
1. Pedaling Innovations: The world’s best flat bicycle pedal. Increase your power and efficiency and stability with this patent pending design. Location: Grand Junction, CO.
2. Dr. Brite: All Natural, Cruelty-Free, Organic, Non-GMO. Vegan, Dentist and Doctor Created, Toothpaste, Mouthwash, Teeth Whitening Pens and Pet Products. Location: Irvine, CA.
3. Jewel Toned: Shapewear and lingerie made by lingerie experts. Underwear and body shapers that are colorful, fun, pretty and comfortable. Location: Los Angeles, CA.
4. Låda Cube: With the goal to create demountable walls that function like traditional walls, Låda Cube offers manufactured pre-engineered and pre-manufactured walls, providing incredible flexibility and function. Location: Grand Junction, CO.
5. Recoup Fitness: Recoup creates innovative post-workout and muscle recovery products used by professional without a professional price tag. Location: Denver, CO.
6. Yoee Baby: Yoee Baby is a developmental baby toy that promotes bonding by playfully connecting parents and caregivers with their babies beginning on day one. Location: Salida and Boulder, CO.
Beyond its core accelerator offering, TVA also plans to expand in 2018 to create programs for earlier stage businesses, as well as programs tailored for companies that are rapidly growing with plans to scale operations to larger markets. To learn more about TVA and to stay up to date, please visit www.tellurideva.com or email email@example.com.
The Telluride Foundation is committed to enriching the quality of life of the residents and workforce of the Telluride region. It is a nonprofit, apolitical public community foundation that makes grants and runs programs in arts, education, health and human services, community development, and social enterprise. The Foundation strives to achieve excellence for the community through its mission and core values, including promoting inclusion and maximizing benefit to all. Our work is funded through the generous support of hundreds of donors as well as grants from state and national foundations. Please visit www.telluridefoundation.org.